Daily Decrees

Beginning January 1, 2011, your all powerful yet benevolent despot will make one decree daily that will become instant and unquestionable law. Though it is said that absolute power corrupts absolutely, it is yet unkown whether absolute imagined power corrupts. Perhaps it merely corrupts the imagination. We'll find out as Marisa, the newly ordained Queen of the World, attempts to change the world for the better by making 365 unilateral decisions. Ultimately though, it doesn't really matter whether you agree with her decisions or not. So feel free to comment as long as you understand your comments are in vain. In all honesty though your queen is hopeful that you will consider the vast majority of her decrees to be the kind of decisions you wish your previous leaders had made years ago. The best part of being the supreme ruler of the world is that changes can be made easily. There are no agreements to be reached, no protocols to follow, and no bureaucratic red tape...and that is the whole point.

Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011 – Shopping Restrictions

After a long week of heartfelt entreaties to make the average person happier, I need a break.   Today, therefore, I will be keeping things light.  I really hate it when stores impose limits on how many garments a person can bring into a dressing room.  Other than not wanting to print number tags higher than 8, I can’t think of a good reason for these rules.  Today, the same saleswoman who wouldn’t let me take all of the clothes I wanted to try on with me into the dressing room and slowly combed through my pile of hopefuls to determine the exact amount I had when I came in, didn’t even glance at what I left behind on the rack when I left.  Isn’t the point of the whole number tag system supposed to be to prevent theft?  In that case leaving with the same number of garments you entered with should be what matters, not how many you want to try on.  The only thing this kind of limiting does is prevent people from buying things because they won’t take multiple trips to the dressing room to try on everything they want.  I have a really poor sense of what will actually look good on me so I need to be able to try on a lot of options.  Stores that limit me are only going to limit how much I buy.  Don’t you want the Queen of the World to be able to shop happily in your store? 
Stores may not limit the amount of garments an individual can bring into a dressing room.
Well, two months of subjugation down, ten more to go.  I hope you are all still enjoying yourselves.
As always I remain your all-powerful and benevolent Queen of the World,
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment