Daily Decrees

Beginning January 1, 2011, your all powerful yet benevolent despot will make one decree daily that will become instant and unquestionable law. Though it is said that absolute power corrupts absolutely, it is yet unkown whether absolute imagined power corrupts. Perhaps it merely corrupts the imagination. We'll find out as Marisa, the newly ordained Queen of the World, attempts to change the world for the better by making 365 unilateral decisions. Ultimately though, it doesn't really matter whether you agree with her decisions or not. So feel free to comment as long as you understand your comments are in vain. In all honesty though your queen is hopeful that you will consider the vast majority of her decrees to be the kind of decisions you wish your previous leaders had made years ago. The best part of being the supreme ruler of the world is that changes can be made easily. There are no agreements to be reached, no protocols to follow, and no bureaucratic red tape...and that is the whole point.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The End For Now

Dear followers,

It has been wonderful being your Queen for the past few months, but unfortunately I am going to have to abdicate my throne...at least for now.  There are simply not enough hours in the day to be a mild mannered working mom during the day and supreme monarch at night.  I really enjoyed making my decrees and I hope you will agree that there have been some good and mildly entertaining ideas.  I hope I will get to continue my reign at some later date.  Maybe when I'm 60.

It seems real life is crushing the fantasy life for now, but that should be OK.  The real life is pretty great on its own.

As always I remain (in spirit) your all-powerful and benevolent Queen of the World,

Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment